Recently I’ve become obsessed with baking during portions of my spare time. Whether that’s because I have a sweet tooth or I just like keeping busy, I’m not too sure. Either way, I’ve made some magic happen the last little while to the point where I want a dessert in my hands 24/7 going forward.
My most recent creation is the White Chocolate Blondie; which myself, my roommate and my friends all basically fell madly in love with after just one bite.
So you want to know how I did it? Cool, ’cause I’m willing to share.
What you’re going to need is:
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter,
- 8oz. White Chocolate,
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar,
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar,
- 1 Large Egg,
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract,
- 1/2 Teaspoon Butter Extract,
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flower,
- 1/2 Cup Sprinkles,
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream.
Before going any further I would suggest dividing the White Chocolate into 2 x 4oz bunches and chop to prepare.
Here’s how to prepare the White Chocolate bars of sheer goodness:
- Begin my pre-heating the oven to 350 degrees celcius and by also lining an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment/wax paper,
- In a microwavable safe bowl melt the butter and 4oz of white chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir and melt for another 15 seconds, stir until smooth. Add the two sugars and stir until smooth. Add the egg as well as the two extracts, and whisk. Fold in the flower and sprinkles, stir until combined. Now go ahead and pour the batter into the pan, and then smooth,
- Bake for 25 minutes,
- Begin preparing the ganache by heating the cream in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until it is very hot, stir in remaining white chocolate until it melts and add some sprinkles. Stir until smooth and pour over bars.
There you have it, the White Chocolate Blondie. I do suggest waiting at least 2 to 3 hours before slicing the bars into your preferred sizes.
I also stored mine in the fridge that way they would keep fresh and be safe from predators, aka the roommates.
I also suggest having your Blondies with some milk, because the pairing of the two is beyond what any cookie tastes like after being dipped in milk.
Additionally, I’d like to know how your experience was while baking these bars of gold. So please, comment AND share your photos/videos.