- The process of overactive Sebacious Glands secreting excess Sebum that leads to the blockage of the Pore,
- Generally classified as Mild, Moderate or Severe,
- Present in both males and females of any age but parcticularly affects younger skin during the adolescent years,
- Usually attributed to stress when present in adults.
- Also an Open Comedo,
- ‘Black dots’ that appear on the face and other areas of the body,
- A result of Sebum and Keratin Squamae oxidizing in Pore,
- Related to Acne as a product of overactive Sebacious Glands and higher cell turnover.
- Clogged Pore,
- Either an Open Comedo/Blackhead or a Closed Comedo/Whitehead.
- Allowing ourselves the pleasure of something we enjoy,
- To have something as a ‘special’ pleasure.
- Scales/small pieces of skin that contain Melanin.
- Pigment responsible for attributing colour to human skin, hair and eye colour,
- Produced by Melanocytes,
- Provides SOME protection from sun and UV/UVA Exposure.
- Mix of Keratin Squamae and Sebum.
- Some skin conditions are known to reduce the quality of life,
- Those with skin conditions often feel ashamed and embarassed because of societal pressures,
- Depression can result.
- Gland in the skin responsible for releasing Sebum into follicle/Pore.
- Secrection of Sebacious Glands that is responsible for protecting skin and preserving hair.
- Referred to as Closed Comedo,
- Clogged Pore that creates obscructed opening at skin,
- Can rupture and cause mild inflamation.